User Profile
I just recently got married but I dont feel that i am ready even after going throuh with it. I want to tell her well I already talked to her but she still thinks everything is okay and just wants to move on. What am i to do? I am not ready!!!
Did I make the mistake of not calling off the wedding because i was too afraid to do so? or is it a bigger mistake of trying to end it so early into the marriage.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 19th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I'm a bit confused by your post...How old are you?...How long have you been going together?...What are the things that are bothering you that make you think that you are not ready?...What problems are you having?...

Many people have questions after marriage and truly getting to know each other...However I think your question reflects the opinion of many of the male population....Why, I just don't know....

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2009
I am 26 years old, We have been together believe it or not over 10 years off and on. I felt pressured to getting married by my parents because it had to be on the perfect day on the chinese calender. and there was only two days in the year that was good for the wedding for us. and it had to be a precise time to do the ceremony. asian tradditional wedding. My concern is I don't really know if I still love her the same.
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2009
Supporter
you have two choices you can get the marriage anulled or make it work.
do you mean you love her but your not in love with her?
i believe that you can fall back in love with a person. if that's the only reason why you feel as though you made the mistake.
i dont want you to be in a loveless marriage, then you would be miserable.
so you would have to make that choice for yourself.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
tell me how you feel about her? you think she's beautiful, smart, your intrigued by her............
|

replied June 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Marriages that are set up and pressured by parents can be a disaster...It is as if they are trying to recapture their youth from watching their young...They are living their life again through your eyes...This is sad and unfortunately happens more than many people know...My first advice would be don't have any children unless you are sure that you love her...I am very familiar with the words loving a woman and liking her...Unless the lust is there, it would indeed be a loveless marriage...

Having been in the most wonderful marriage that a woman could ask for and being married near 51 years to a man I love more than the day I married him, I can walk your walk in life with you...You must want her in passion as I want my husband, to make this work...

I wish you all the best wishes in the world.....

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
You are scared and really that can be very normal. Question, if you would not have married would you still be dating? Bottom line you might have felt pressured but you are a man and you could have said no. I assume you wasn't under duress when the ceremony was performed and you consummated your marriage? You might be questioning your feelings because of the length of your dating. Same ole same ole. Try spicing it up. Change your routine.
|
Quick Reply