Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

want to tell her mum soon before it gets any worse

My friend is 15 and has recently told me and another friend and her boyfriend that she is making her self sick on a regular bacis and self harming, saying shes fat. It all started last year when she was calorie counting EVERYTHING,we thought she was being dramatic but its now worse. She has lost lots of weight and we are all worried about her. I and her boyfriend have told her we are going to her mum but she says irl stop. It got bad that i asked my sister for advice as she had a friend in the same position and she said tell someone tell her mum. But we dont know what to do, me and friend were talking and want to tell her mum soon before it gets any worse but my friend has told us if we do we no longer have a friendship. What should i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 15th, 2014
Increasing her chances of remaining alive, to me, is much more important than if she is mad at me. A good friend will always work to protect their friends, even from themselves, take comfort in that.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....