Medical Questions > Mental Health > PTSD Forum

want to help. my niece has ptsd and anxiety about me

My niece has ptsd and anxiety about me coming to visit her mom my sister and my mom and my niece... last summer my niece experienced me and her mom argueing and screaming at each ohter to the point my niece started crying ... it freaked her out extremely to the point that she doesn't want to even see me whn I go to vist her in a few days. Whn my sister told my niece that ill be coming she went into a anxeity attack and told my sister she's afraid of the same thang reacurring... so now I'm unsure about my visit and am going thru anxeity myself what do I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Your niece and you both need to patch things up. Get a psychiatric help, get a family therapy sessions. Amend the relation by some good gesture. There is no pathology here. Just some rough time lead to all this misunderstanding. I am sure it will go in the right direction. There is no medical or psychological intervention needed right now. Just some counselling therapy would suffice.
take care
|

replied July 24th, 2014
when you see your niece, tell her that your sorry that she saw you guys fighting and show her that you and her mom can get along. when doing show try to make her feel calm and try to explain to her that everything is okay, sister always fight no matter if your a kid or a adult. show her that everything is okay between you and her mom. i hope this helps (:
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our PTSD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.