I am on tri sprintec and am due to start a new pack. I want to delay my March period by a week because of an event. What is the best way to do this? Can I start the new pack a week later?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Waterbury, Take one pack from pill 1 to pill 21, then start the next day with pill 21 form a new pack and work backwards to pill 1.

Follow this by 7 inactive pills before starting the next pack.

Your other option is to take pill 1 to 7 from pack 1 and then pill 1 to 7 from pack 2, then pill 8 to 14 from pack 1 and pill 8 to 14 from pack 2, then pill 15 to 21 from pack 1 followed by pill 15 to 21 from pack 2.

Follow this by 7 inactive pills before starting the next pack.

With triphasic pills, every week has a different formulation of the hormones. Taking the hormones in some sequence is important. If you do not do that, you can feel bad and have side effects.

Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: Waterbury03 
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...