Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Walking on a gouty foot while on NSAIDS?

If I wake up and I have some minor pain - not the full blown gout/initial gout flareup - and I take indomethacin so that my foot feels relatively good...is it okay to walk on it for an hour or two?

I have had a prolonged bout of gout for about 3-4 weeks now...it hasn't really gone away...just a lingering stiffness/minor pain. Indomethacin helps but I don't know if I should still be resting more or just pop some pills and take a walk.

I am 29.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2013
a hour or 2 shouldn't be too bad. ive had times i had to work through bad gout attacks and found walking on it even though painful sometime loosened it up.

you should be ok for a couple hours.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: pills, about gout
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....