Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Waking Up Frequently In Night, Urinating every time, P.M. Eating

Hi everyone. I'm suffering from some ongoing bouts of waking up at night. It's usually once or twice a night. When I get up during the night, I almost always have to urinate. The medicines I take are Zoloft, Dexedrine, Hydroxyzine Paomate, HCTZ, Androgel, Advair 500/50, and Singulair with supplements usually intermixed between several herbals I take off and on. I'm currently taking Losartan-HCTZ with HCTZ and am having difficulties with breathing throughout the day, but also have been waking up in the middle of the night which worries me about sleep apnea. I have been considering asking my doctor about trying a different treatment like a mouth guard or something to see if that would help with the waking up in the middle of the night? I also feel the desire to eat a high quantity of calories after 12 P.M., so that is yet another factor that I find it hard to sleep because I am almost afraid of sleeping and then waking up hungry, since I already wake up anyway. It's super frustrating and I can't figure out why I keep waking up in the middle of the night and then urinating which my urine has a gold color always despite how much fluid I've drank, as well as has a specific smell to it that I don't know how to describe. Additionally, if it helps, I have gained quite a bit of weight over the past year (25 pounds), so I don't know what is doing what anymore. How can I begin to sort some of this out?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Hypnos
|

replied May 13th, 2018
Active User, very eHealthy
Working with your primary care doc will be a good start. You need to sort out all this polypharmacy, including the supplements, to be sure they're all working together and helping.

Your doc will also be able to help you either treat or rule out any other underlying medical issues, such as OSA.

All that said, you can let go the worry about waking up once or twice a night. The reality is even the best sleepers do that and much more -- on the order of a dozen or so times. The difference is good sleepers pay no mind and fall right back asleep so quickly they forget about by morning. Insomniacs, on the other hand, tend to fret and move toward a state of worried wakefulness. Which you are describing

CBT sleep training methods can help you counter the worry, and without drugs. You might discuss that also with your doc. Good luck.
|
Users who thank Hypnos for this post: guest62812 

replied May 13th, 2018
Thanks for the info!
|
Quick Reply