Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Wake up aching. Exhausted. (Acid Reflux? Restless legs?)

Hi,
This has been going on a few years now, for a while i just accepted that this was part of growing up (i was about 16/17) i am now 20 and finding it hard to get on with my day.

I try to put off sleeping because i know i'll be in pain in the morning, it isn't a standard type of pain but its aching and uncomfortable, the pain is mostly in the back part of the bottom of my legs and sometimes in my arms and hands.
The only way i can explain it is when you've done exercise the previous day and your muscles ache and there's that feeling when you rub the muscles, it is exactly that... just that i do very little proper excise.

I don't have the best sleeping pattern but nothing too irregular compared to any of my friends.
A kinda funny observation is i always without a doubt wake up with my t-shirt very high up with my entire chest exposed, like i have been moving about quite abit.
When i have mates stay over they're said ive woken them up before because of the amount i move and talk in my sleep.
One thing that has helped is when im trying to go to sleep i listen to soothing music and fall asleep listening to it, im not sure why but i just feel relaxed when i wake up.

I'm aware there might be a slight relevance to acid reflux affects sleep and something to do with restless legs? but i don't have half of those symptoms but some of the results of it sounds similar to me.

I would appreciate any advice and suggestions, thankyou Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2013
Sleep talking is common and harmless. You are kind of young for restless legs syndrome even with family history. Falling asleep with music is not a good idea.

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.