Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Vyvanse side effects ? (Page 1)

DISCLAIMER: not sure how others will feel about this, i know a lot of people see this as abuse, and it probably is, but it helped me . i am not interested in chastising comments about how you may feel about how i used vyvanse, i did it, it happened, please deal with it.

on Tuesday at 6pm i took 70mg of vyvanse that was my friend's . I needed to study for a midterm and he told me it would help. I started studying at 5 AM and managed to go to sleep at 8AM. i was wide awake at 8AM but my body was soooo weak. very, very weird.

All that megacharged studying worked wonders. I blazed through all of the material required for the midterm even though i began studying the day before, and on wednesday when i took the test I know I got all the answers right... Thanks vyvanse!

HOWEVER...

I could not go back to sleep on wednesday even though i knew i should be tired with so little sleep. I have been queasy ever since i took it and feel sick when I eat things.. i want to eat things but can't.. no appetite really. i tried to throw up but nothing happened.

i managed to do a 1 hour nap on wednesday but that's it.

It is now THURSDAY at 4:15 AM. I AM STILL WIDE AWAKE. I still feel a little, imperceptibly queasy-- ive been making medicinal peppermint-spearmint teas which make the nausea go away. ( i wonder if the nausea is related to me taking my birth control pill soon after taking the vyvanse?)
I took 2 tylenol PMs around 2 AM, but so far, they have had no effect. my mind is racing but also seems really out of focus.

I am ready to resume my normal life now. I am ready to start feeling sleepy again.
Did I take way too much Vyvanse? 70mg.. I am 5 feet tall and 125 pounds. I am a 20 year old girl. I don't know how the dosage works..

Please don't tell me I should have been more informed about how much vyvanse i was taking, that really isn't going to help me out at all. I'm in college, I needed it for my midterm, and it worked wonders... now I want to go back to normal life and leave magical super-alert and super-awake Vyvanse Land.

HELP..!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Slusher
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Update
It is now FRIDAY at 7:41 AM.....

Thursday night I took a nap.. trying to go to sleep at 11PM. woke up at 230 AM.

I've been wide awake ever since!!! UGH this can't be normal... could really use some advice about what the heck is going on !
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
you should have drank lots of water and try to pee it out and sweat it off and or eat a lot too cause its stays in your blood stream its medicine ,pray for me please my name is donny and i donr want to be ADHD anymore i wanna be normal and have strength in wisdom Thru God anything is possible
|

replied March 25th, 2009
Hi,

Well. I hope you are back to normal by now.
Smile

70 mg is a very high dose and you're a small person and so that makes a big difference.

It would have been better if you had probably just taken a 30 mg.

Eventually, it should wear off...I'm surprised it did affect you for so long. I have ADHD so Im pretty familiar with it all.

Be careful, though. Email me at yahoo if you want.

jamalchristopher
|

replied January 29th, 2010
I used to take Vyvanse all the time for wieght loss purposes. It really does f**k you up in the head though....ESPECIALLY if you're not ADHD or ADD. It would make me feel jittery; uped heart rate, racing thoughts.

My friends and I would get 'high" on it and talk for HOURS non-stop about the dumbest things.

the last time I took it was probably a year ago and a 90mg dosage. I felt sick and depressed for days afterwords.

Just don't take it to begin with. However, it does help w/weight loss.
Just eat little and work out a lot though if you really want to lose the weight... Vyvanse just gets rid of water weight anyways. You're not actually losing fat.

best of luck.
|

replied January 29th, 2010
Hope everyone knows that Vyvanse is a narcotic and the person that gave it to you and you possessing it without a prescription can get you in some hot water, i.e. it is illegal.

The best way to do well on a test is to not cram in the first place, to absorb the information gradually through out the course which is the normal mode for learning and you will retrain it much better that way.

It's a drug that could potentially kill a person- some people have something wrong with there heart and don't even know about it...such a person could find out the hard way as Vyvanse can be the straw that breaks the camels back, so to speak., plus other adverse effects.

-from a veteran ADD'r and stimulant user....careful children...
: )
|

replied July 21st, 2012
i am prescribed vyvanse, 30mg a day, i am aware it is a narcotic, i sometimes consume 260mg, i however have built a heavy immunity to it, i have been doing this for over a year now, would you say even though i have such an immunity i can still overdose and say go into cardiac arrest, on 260 mg even though i do that specific dose very often?
|

replied February 11th, 2010
You are lucky... I am about your size, 5 foot 6, 125 lb. male, and I have a stupidly severe case of ADHD.

The reason I say you are lucky is this, I started on Strattera, then when I was maxed out on that dose and still wasn't working, my doctor bumped me to Vyvanse.

I am now on the 70 mg dosage, which to our knowledge (mainly doctor's) is the maximum dose.

Yours lasted days. Mine wears off within 5 hours, I can literally feel my focus go straight out the window. I work around heavy machinery, in a very dangerous job, and I have to be sure that I can get all of my projects out of the way requiring me to be using such machines, so that when it wears off I can be safe enough for the next 3 or so hours (sometimes 10 hours, depending on the day) just cleaning and organizing the seedhouses.

Not empowering your use of the drug illegally, but kudos to you for having it last so long! I wish I could have it last that long!
|

replied April 20th, 2010
Hypocrites!!
HAHA! It is so funny that people who are (and NOT rightfully) diagnosed with ADD/ADHD are practically force-fed aderall and vyvanse, but those who need it to study (same EXACT reason, just minus bogus prescription) are threatened with fines and convictions, and expulsion from school. What a hypocritical society we live in, Im just glad I grew up in The Netherlands where this stuff is barely available
|

replied August 15th, 2013
I'm just glad i didn't grow up to be an ignorant a hole like you. Imagine struggling in school for 20 years even if you are trying your absolute hardest and feeling like you are failing your parents and wasting there money away in college. Having no idea why other students are able to remember things and study with such ease (not saying that its easy for everyone) compared to you. Thinking for your whole life that you just weren't cut out for school even though you were trying just as hard as students getting straight As but you just figured you just weren't as smart as them. Forgetting simple things you were JUST told even though you knew you were trying to pay attention and remember which caused you constantly getting in trouble as a child. Even if it was something you found interesting you STILL couldn't concentrate. Literally finding it impossible to study for more then 20 minutes without being distracted. To only go to a neurologist when you are 20 yrs old who ran a few test to find out that your brain is actively thinking WAY higher then others and being shocked it took 20 years for my parents to recommend me to go to the doctor to figure out why i've had such trouble over the years because my ADD is that bad. There was NO way i could even trick my doctor into thinking i didn't have ADD when i didn't, considering one test had something attached to my head so it could read my brain waves (i don't know how to properly describe this test and do not remember the name of it). And my doctor does not "force-feed" me vyvanse she runs all these test because she trys to avoid prescribing these medications because of the people like YOU who abuse these drugs. And is allow prescribing me vyvanse until i graduate and then going to fix it with out drugs involving this new physical therapy for the brain which helps improve concentration. Even if she diagnoses a patient she only prescribes anything if she truly believes it is effecting your everyday life. YOU do not need these prescriptions to study. People diagnosed with add/adhd are getting NO advantage over you. These prescriptions are helping us be able to study and function like people with out add/adhd. So before thinking you know everything there is to know about add/adhd try actually living with it or maybe even talking to someone who has it and then you'll realize why we are getting help. You have no idea how great it feels to finally understand why you've been struggling all this time.

and trust me i'm not saying this is such a terrible diagnosis. i'm thankful this is my only problem.
|

replied December 28th, 2010
Anthon,
HAHA! It's funny how people can be SO IGNORANT! ADD and ADHD aren't excuses made up by the unmotivated they are REAL DISORDERS. This isn't like Santa Claus. There has been REAL research done by REAL professionals. And if you disagree then look it up. To believe that ADD and ADHD do not exist is beyond ridiculous. So no, It's not the "same EXACT reason." We all need to study, but individuals with ADD or ADHD CAN'T study without the drugs, whereas people without ADD/ADHD can. How do you describe other neurological disorders? Is depression just a hoax? How about bipolar disorder? Schizophrenia? Do people just make this up too so they can reap the benefits of medication and hospitalization? I can answer that from personal experience and say no. ADD/ADHD are neurological disorders and are REAL diseases just like all of the others I listed. So I'm sorry if you're angry at the fact that everyone does not have access to these wonderful stimulants, but I'm jealous of the fact that I physically cannot focus, sit still, or live a normal life without them. I don't want to take medicine for my problems, but I realize I have to in order to live a normal life without depending on others.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
TIPS FOR TAKING ADHD MEDICATION, ADDERAL, RITALIN, VYVANSE
I know this post is a bit old, but for the future or other readers...
I have been taking Vyvanse and like medications for almost 8 years now prescribed to me. I have been through many ups and downs and I understand needing it to get through a midterm or an allnighter.
It is what it is, vyvanse and adderal have done wonders for me. But when it comes to the down side of taking them, like right now.. which is what lead me here.. I have tried many things and I think I have found what works for me.
Maybe these little things can help you too.

(Disclaimer, I don't claim to be right. I'm certainly no doctor.)

First, understand that Vyvanse is a newer drug. From what my doctor has briefly explained it goes into your system differently then similar drugs and it is suppose to have less of a nausea/side effect. What makes it different is that it disburses the same amount little by little throughout the day. Where as with a long release Adderal or Ritalin you peak and then come down and by the afternoon you're exhausted.
This is why I love Vyvanse. I take 70mg and I am usually good for around 12 hours straight. (It's unfortunate for tootolerant above that it doesn't last for you.) I also try to take as little as possible whenever possible. In the case of someone who doesn't have ADHD and hasn't been on these medications consistently, you could easily have split the capsule and you still would have felt the same way. I don't recommend taking 70mg right of the bat, mostly because you don't need it in the beginning. The package actually says not to split it, however this was actually how it was recommended to me. My doctor told me to put it in water and drink half of the water.

Most of the time, I'm so focused I don't remember to eat and like most ADHD medication, they take away all appetite. I also don't sleep much because I'm a college student and I don't have the time. So I don't really blame the medication for what I call an "Adderal Hangover" because my life style is really to blame.
So in an effort to try and feel better and keep my lifestyle, I do these things. Maybe they can help you:

Eat a solid meal right after you take the vyvanse. It takes an hour or two to kick in so I spend that time eating and sleeping to try and fuel my body before the kick.

Have a glass of water ready to go. I do this because these medications soak up all of my saliva and probably all of my hydration and I usually don't realize it until it's causing a distraction from the work I'm doing. So even though it's difficult, try and remember to drink water constantly.

If it's been 8+ hours and you haven't eaten anything and you're starting to feel nauseous (I call it an empty weak feeling but most people describe it as a nausea). No food ever sounds good to me. The only thing I found to relieve this problem and help me move forward is frozen vegetables.
I keep a Costco bag of mix veggies in my freezer just for this occasion. I usually fill up a whole plate and throw them in the microwave for 2 minutes. They aren't difficult to hoover down (unless you hate veggies I guess) and I usually start feeling better within a few minutes. Once I'm feeling good enough to eat real food I eat something with protein, for some reason I usually crave chicken. But I find that as long as I eat protein I have cured all of my Vyvanse side effects.
(I usually don't eat very healthy, I snack on cookies and snacks most normal days. Don't let my healthy tip fool your perception of me.)

However, if I'm really strung out; ie.. I've been up for a couple days and I'm still feeling miserable and I can't sleep. I take another one vyvanse. It is horrible for my body, and I know that what my body really needs is sleep, but the hang over feeling goes away cause the vyvance is telling my sleep deprivation that I'm good to go again.

There is something about an adderal hangover that you just can't push off, sometimes it's that you just can't sleep. It's rough to just be awake when you want sleep.
Now, I am sure you could count sheep, or drink warm milk or whatever it is your grandma recommends. But my personal recommendation is to smoke a bowl.
I wouldn't usually publicly announce this theory, but seeing as you already illegally got the vyvanse, I am sure you can find some marijuana around.
I'm not an extreme stoner by any means, but I am an art student and starting my weekend off with a joint and a vyvance wakes me up and gets my creative juices flowing. The benefit to this for me is that a couple hours later I'm working hard and I'm not an adderal zombie like usual.
If at the end of the week I'm strung out and my body is screaming for sleep and I just CANNOT sleep, I smoke a bowl to get out of the zone and I usually pass out shortly after.

I also sometimes eat candy if it's around. But that is usually with adderal not vyvanse. It helps the teeth clenching and dry mouth issues.

Lastly, for those of you that are curious about other side effects of vyvanse. I have had an issue with hair loss and that is why I stopped taking vyvanse last year. I have asked around and it's really uncommon and probably my fault, but don't let this happen to you. Whenever I showered I could see large amounts of hair falling out. Not clumps, but just generally all over. My hair became very thin and brittle.
I just started taking it again because I still find it to be the most effective when it comes to my ADHD and this time around I am hoping to not loose so much weight and eat more often, so in time I'll know if it is my fault or if vyvanse really doesn't like my hair.
My doctor is rather surprised that this happened because Vyvanse has an amino acid in it, which is part of it's unique way of dispersing the drug evenly throughout the day and amino acids are what hair needs to grow so it really doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, best advice for you next time is to take less. The effect will be the same when it comes to your studies, but won't put your body into a shock for days.

Hope everything worked out!

Oh p/s I have never had a problem with mixing my birth control with any ADHD medication. The only times I have ever had an issue was when I missed a day or two and when I finally took my birth control I to. I felt sick but it went away quickly.
|

replied May 26th, 2011
I have experienced hair loss as well!! I'm taking 70mg and it is very noticeable. This is not your fault!
|

replied April 25th, 2011
You are hilarious! And I cringe when I think of a child reading your post! Your headed for a life of diaster and destruction! Sounds like youa re already well aware n living in addiction. And I promise you, it only ends 3 ways, LOCKED UP, COVERED UP, or STRAIGHTENED UP! And the stats are TOTALLY supportive of you FAILING unless you seek help! Take care and God Bless. (I will pray you find the rooms of a twelve-step program)
|

replied February 25th, 2012
Thats just rediculous. I am not a huge addict by any means. Yet I know that a lil bit of pot really does help. Maybe you havent smoked much and get really stoned. But after awhile you become tolerant to it. And hitting a bowl a few times doesnt have to get you very high. Sometimes it helps you focus more. I used to think narrow-minded like you. But then I learned. And trust me- an addict will want to smoke more if they arent taking any ADD meds. Marijuana raises your serotonin alot. And I definetly agree that it can bring you down and help avoid crashes or getting manic or too sleepless. Its all about moderation. My psychiatrists arent even concerned I toke once in awhile. I can do it safely in my home and use a vaporizor to prevent having to inhale smoke. We put so many crap chemicals in our bodies anyway from our food, air, chemicals in water and on furniture. Focus on taking care of your body and try to use common sense. Its not for everyone I agree. And unattended children should have parental guidance on the net. I was an awesome mom til I got really sick from stress and perfectionism and working too much and not being on the right meds. I never would have dreamt of doing drugs with a child. But I got to the point where I was about to break. I was manic and severly depressed. Working and going to school full time. My ex-fiance was killed in an accident and I was under so much pressure to be a perfect mom. I never smoked around my son. But I would much rather smoke a small bowl to calm down so I wont overreact to my precious son. I got so bad that I told everyone I dont care what you say. I need help. It broke my heart but I let his dad step in while I worked on getting help. I also had adrenal exhaustion and ended up in bed for months. Trust me- the pot helped me mellow out and think deeply and really changed my point of view on things. My son is 11 now. If he asks me about anything I answer truthfully with an age appropriate response. Children know whats up. No need to scare them. Dr.Andrew Weil even says you tell kids about drugs in a nuetral way. You teach them all about it. You dont try to scare the crap out of them and shove lies down their throats. To each their own. It trips me out how righteous some people can be. Reminds me of abortion picketers telling people they are going to hell and are horrible. Like really? If people really wanna be so good then be nice, shut up and you get out there and help make a difference. What good are you doing by degrading people? You dont know why people do what they do and what they have been through. Some people get high off of sugar. Sugars a drug. Some peoples vice is work. Theres lots of unhealthy behaviors we all do. And addicts are only addicts because they dont have normal brain/body chemistry. People dont realize they are self-medicating. Im lucky to have a very intelligent family and full of addiction and mental disorders. Its not fun. But you can be successful and smoke pot. Ive got cousins that indulge and theyve judged NASA inventions and are top child psychiatrists. People you least expect do all kinds of wild things. Its human psychology maam. Its better than shooting heroin or smoking crack or meth. Just saying.
|
Users who thank dizzydre for this post: jester9090 

Thats just rediculous. I am not a huge addict by any means. Yet I know that a lil bit of pot really does help. Maybe you havent smoked much and get really stoned. But after awhile you become tolerant to it. And hitting a bowl a few times doesnt have to get you very high. Sometimes it helps you focus more. I used to think narrow-minded like you. But then I learned. And trust me- an addict will want to smoke more if they arent taking any ADD meds. Marijuana raises your serotonin alot. And I definetly agree that it can bring you down and help avoid crashes or getting manic or too sleepless. Its all about moderation. My psychiatrists arent even concerned I toke once in awhile. I can do it safely in my home and use a vaporizor to prevent having to inhale smoke. We put so many crap chemicals in our bodies anyway from our food, air, chemicals in water and on furniture. Focus on taking care of your body and try to use common sense. Its not for everyone I agree. And unattended children should have parental guidance on the net. I was an awesome mom til I got really sick from stress and perfectionism and working too much and not being on the right meds. I never would have dreamt of doing drugs with a child. But I got to the point where I was about to break. I was manic and severly depressed. Working and going to school full time. My ex-fiance was killed in an accident and I was under so much pressure to be a perfect mom. I never smoked around my son. But I would much rather smoke a small bowl to calm down so I wont overreact to my precious son. I got so bad that I told everyone I dont care what you say. I need help. It broke my heart but I let his dad step in while I worked on getting help. I also had adrenal exhaustion and ended up in bed for months. Trust me- the pot helped me mellow out and think deeply and really changed my point of view on things. My son is 11 now. If he asks me about anything I answer truthfully with an age appropriate response. Children know whats up. No need to scare them. Dr.Andrew Weil even says you tell kids about drugs in a nuetral way. You teach them all about it. You dont try to scare the crap out of them and shove lies down their throats. To each their own. It trips me out how righteous some people can be. Reminds me of abortion picketers telling people they are going to hell and are horrible. Like really? If people really wanna be so good then be nice, shut up and you get out there and help make a difference. What good are you doing by degrading people? You dont know why people do what they do and what they have been through. Some people get high off of sugar. Sugars a drug. Some peoples vice is work. Theres lots of unhealthy behaviors we all do. And addicts are only addicts because they dont have normal brain/body chemistry. People dont realize they are self-medicating. Im lucky to have a very intelligent family and full of addiction and mental disorders. Its not fun. But you can be successful and smoke pot. Ive got cousins that indulge and theyve judged NASA inventions and are top child psychiatrists. People you least expect do all kinds of wild things. Its human psychology maam. Its better than shooting heroin or smoking crack or meth. Just saying.
|

|

replied May 12th, 2011
ugh
People are really funny. No one just gives you a prescription for ADHD/ADD you have to (well I had to) go through a battery of tests. Long ass tests. Hours and hours of tests. Then I had to have a physical which drew blood, and tested my heart rhythm 3 different ways, lying down, sitting, standing.

I went through this b/c my life is not normal like others. I struggled in school, but somehow made it through. Now that I am an adult I don't have a bank account b/c I can't keep track of it, I haven't filed taxes in 3 years b/c I don't have my paperwork, and I have no clue how to figure out where to find it, or even do taxes, and when my tags on my car expired it took me over a year of driving on expired tags to finally get my new one. Now you tell me we should go to a 12 step program b/c of ADHD meds? I'm pretty sure my ADHD diagnoses was correct given the state of my affairs, and the multiple tests.

I agree that the dude/girl above me who stays up for days and takes more is not doing something healthy but I can't imagine the demands college puts on you, especially added to the other things that require your attention when you become an "adult." For you it might be easy, for me it's overwhelming and impossible which leads to a panic attack just thinking about it.

Is Marijuana a problem? Well I'd be worried about the blood pressure aspect with the mixing it with Vyvanse but besides that we all know that pot isn't that big of a deal. It's legal in a few states for medical purposes, so the government knows that too. If it mellows him/her out so they can sleep then so be it. It's not like they're taking heroin to the vein to pass out. My Dr. prescribes me an anti-anxiety med to use for sleep, or panic attacks when needed but I find I only need it for sleep on occasion. And when I'm on my ADHD med I need the anxiety med far less then when I'm not on it.

So to uakgirl... Don't open your mouth on a topic you obviously have no knowledge of. Just b/c you've probably abused drugs in your life, or you are some goody two shoes know-it-all doesn't mean people with a true life medical disorder are addicts.

I'm just curious, how did you come across this thread to begin with? Why were you googling Vyvanse? Hmmm?
|

replied June 29th, 2011
Vyvanse and Lortab
I was wondering the exact same thing about uakgirl!!!! Why the hell is she on here to begin with???? LMAO

Does anyone know if it is safe to take Vyvanse and Lortab together? Couldn't find any interactions online????
|

replied September 12th, 2011
I just came across this because I was looking up a chronic disease. I am on a 100 mg of vyvanse and take 20 mg of adderall in the morning and about half the day I take another 20 mg of adderall.
Once I started taking vyvanse at first I could feel it work but then after awhile I felt like I felt before, and I am on a high dose! Once we threw the adderal in there it totally seems to help. I can focus and I am not stuck in my world as a total gloomy gus. Problems dont make my mind a muddle instead I can go into them and work on them.
|

replied September 25th, 2011
First of all, of all the stupid things college students do, taking 'study steroids' is the least irresponsible. People are more concerned with someone taking ADHD/ADD meds then they are about underage binge drinking and other drug usage. At least it's for the sake of accomplishing something productive. HOWEVER, if you're going to take someone else's prescription you should know that it is an amphetamine, and while it slows down someone diagnosed with ADHD, it speeds someone who doesn't have it. It can lead to heart problems. I take 50 mg of Vyvanse, and it works perfectly for me. My only complaint is I'm usually sarcastic, it makes me more serious/reluctant to joke as much, but I think that's because I have to get my school work/tasks done before my meds wear off. I understand the demand for prescriptions, being as I'm a college student as well, but since you are not ADHD/ADD, a small dose (20 mg) or so, will be just enough. If you start to feel your mind shifting, I found drinking caffeine helps. Also, I don't know if this was coincidence or a correlation, but as I was doing research on Vyvanse before I took it, I found that those who had really adverse effects from Vyvanse were taking it for ADD rather than ADHD. I just thought that was something to look into. Anyway, you should be fine!
|

replied March 18th, 2012
Hi,thanks for your reply. I thought it was interesting and leads me to a question for you. I know it has been 6 months since your post, but hopefully you will come back and see this. Anyhoo, I am on 60 mg of Vyvanse, which I am starting to suspect might be too much. He put me on 60 because 30 was wearing off too quickly so I tried 30 in the morning, then 30 at lunch with perfect results. Focalin was just awful. I couldn't stay on that. The psych insisted that you shouldn't need to take two pills a day since it should last for 12 hours, so instead of prescribing twice as many 30mg pills, he decided to put me on 60mg. Well it doesn't feel the same as taking 30 twice a day, and I know that isn't my imagination! For one thing, it lasts as long as I need it to, and for another, it comes on too strong early in the day and then leaves me feeling irritable after about 5 hours in for the entire rest of the day. Even my glass of wine last night (that I took to try to mellow the cranky edge) didn't help. I've always thought of myself as ADD, not ADHD. The doctor has diagnosed me as ADHD. So, your comment about the ADD rather than ADHD really hit home with me. I had never heard that, but it is an interesting theory! Do you think that's what might be going on with me? I am wondering if backing off to 50mg a day should help. I'm a 43 year old woman who weighs 175 and is 5'3". I have heard the size of a person matters not. This is all so confusing! Thanks.
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Hair loss
My 10 year old son also experienced hair loss with Vyvanse. We were told it was highly unusual but I have talked with several people who experienced this as well. It was a nightmare, big noticeable patches. His kidneys also began functioning abnormally, he had protein (blood) in his urine. Be careful people.
|

replied February 14th, 2012
Medication
I also Have Add but i am not prescribed adderall or Vyvanse but when the opportunity comes around i will take one or so. Usually about a 20 mg. It keeps me up and going and my thoughts runing more than usual. I really enjoyed the 8th person up, (Helpful Friend)
|

replied February 14th, 2012
Medication
I also Have Add but i am not prescribed adderall or Vyvanse but when the opportunity comes around i will take one or so. Usually about a 20 mg. It keeps me up and going and my thoughts runing more than usual. I really enjoyed the 8th person up, (Helpful Friend)
|

replied March 14th, 2012
Drink orange juice, it breaks down amphetamine in your bloodstream more quickly. Amphetamine and acidic things don't go together. If you take adderall, you can pretty much negate your dose by drinking orange juice.
I take prescribed vyvanse and it does suck with sleep it is one smooth add med, can't feel the come up or come down, but it really messes with my sleep. It is one long lasting drug. And I don't feel a bit speedy, i just can't sleep sometimes. Not always. It is so much better than Ritalin up down up down up down. Ugh.
I'm thinking of asking to try adderall XR because i vastly prefer the consistency of extended release meds.
But ya...orange juice will make you excrete amphetamine. Really. Also Tums will make it stronger. So be careful with what you eat and with other meds when you take this medicine.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2012
I'm on 50mg... does it rip anyone else's stomach apart. I feel so, so nauseas the entire day and have diarrhea constantly. It helps so much with my concentration that I don't want to stop taking it. Adderall did the same though...
|

replied April 18th, 2012
Hello, I'm a 22 yr old female.. I started taking adderal back in high school when I could find it. Now I can get 30mg vyvanse. I've been taking it for about 6-8months. I started off taking only one a day.. but now I take 4-6 30mgs a day. I've lost a crazy ammount of weight in the past 8 months. I weight a little under 200 and now I'm down to 135. The weight loss is great. I stay focused a large majority of the time, but I'm starting to feel ill... strange 'pimple' like bumps are forming on my back and face.. and due to taking so much I tend to pick at them.. Sad I hate that part. It makes me feel very self concious.. which tends to lead me to take more! Also.. I get this strange feeling in my back/lungs.. almost like wheasing? I'm not really sure. I take it so often that I probably only consume 3 small meals a week , is that. (Small snacks here and there.. occasionally something large like a burger or whatever) besides the bumps.. I feel pretty good about myself. I noticed occasional mood swings though. Sometimes snapping/bipolar like symptoms. If I don't have any, or I'm in a bad mood, I almost don't get out of bed. I make sure that I have some for when I'm working (which I work a lot, 11 hour shifts, 45 hours a week) so when it comes time for my day off I can crash. Crashing is the absolute WORST. Idk.. I know I def have a problem with this. My body tells me to stop.. but my mind feels like it needs it to servive everyday life. I know its bad, but I'm not ready to stop. I'm just getting very nervous about the effects its having on my body. Huge lack of sleep. I'm lucky if I sleep 4-6 hours a day. And thatds talking lightly. Anyway.. moral of the story is I feel like I'm slowly killing mysekf by taking the dosage I consume. I can see bones that I've never seen before.. I can fit in the size 2 jeans that I got has a hand me down from a friend years ago. Not eating makes me ill, light headed. Sometimes I have to take a moment so the black fuzzies in my eyes reside. Baahh.. I know if I stop taking it cold turkey, the comedown will be hell. I've tried weening myself off of them.. but I have them on my person they're consumed within hours. I'm ashamed to tell most people because I don't want them to think I'm some damn nutcase who's addicted to speed. But its getting to the point where my friends are thinking about doing something about it. Interventions/ notifying older adults. I won't even go to the doctors for checkups because I'm adraid I might have to do a pee test or blood sample..feedback? Please and thank you.. I'm highly nervous about this, heartrate is through the roof. And I've never had anxiety attacks as severe as this
|
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...