Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Vomiting and pain in the testicles

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
hello anytime i vomit my testicles hurt really bad? what is causing this and how can i treat it?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2009
Testicles Answer A7722
You would like to know the reason why your testicles hurt you when you vomit and how you can treat it. Vomiting happens when the contents of the stomach are expelled through the mouth as a result of a series of involuntary spasms of the stomach muscles. When vomiting, usually all of the abdominal muscles are in contraction.

In men there is a reflex of the cremaster muscle that lifts the testicles a little upwards if someone touches the inner side of the thigh. In vomiting as the abdominal muscles contract, the cremaster muscle contracts as well. This is sometimes the reason for the pain in the testicles.

According to the data that you described, the pain in your testicles when vomiting doesn’t seem to be any medical condition. However, if you feel constant pain in your testicles not only when vomiting, but in everyday life, especially if you have unprotected intercourse, you may consider seeing a urologist to rule out or to treat infection of the testicles. If the infection is not treated on time, infertility may appear as a complication.

I am not able to give you any further advice online about your medical condition. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a urologist for further diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.