User Profile
Hi,my daughter keeps getting really upset right out of the blue and when i ask her whats wrong she says the voices in her head say we should live and she should die,this is really upsetting me,can anyone help?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2011
Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

Based on the history and the description it seems that your daughter might be under psychological stress.

She might benefit by evaluation by a child psychologist, which will be more helpful to know her exact state of mind.

I hope this helps.

|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2011
Thank you for your reply,i will get in touch with them a.s.a.p.It also concerned me that she says how ugly she is and that her face is different to all her friends.I have told her how beautiful she is but this dosnt help.Should she be this self con at her age?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2011
awwww, im sorry to hear about ur daughter i hope everything goes well with u. Best wishes. *hugs* Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2011
Thank you hun. I will keep u posted.x
|

replied April 14th, 2011
Hello, sorry to hear about your situation.

I was a very self conscious child growing up. I also dealt with OCD most of my adolescent life. Sounds like your child is very sensitive, probably very intelligent. It could be just a phase she is going through and once she gets a little older she will understand these feelings and thoughts a little better. A lot of children have transitional issues growing up. The best remedy is love and affection at that age. But definitely see a child psychologist if your concerned. Nip it in the bud! Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2011
i was thinking about ur situation and maybe you could take her out for like ice cream and have lots of fun cartwheel and then ask her more about the voices and why they think she should die thinking . Just a suggestion Smile hope this helps you. 4you
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2011
Thank you for all the support.We are spending lots of family time together at the moment to reasure her how much we all love her and how good life can be.I think next time she brings it up i will ask more questions,i agree with you about her being intelligent and she is very sensitive.
|

replied April 14th, 2011
Is this a very sudden thing? (Has she always been outgoing and abruptly this happened). She could have a mild autism if this has happened gradually. My uncle had the same thing in his 40s because of a medication, which could also be the problem. If it is abruptly happening and she is having violent mood-swings, if she begins being very solitary, or if she starts dropping grades, I hate to say it, but it could be a demonic possession.
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2011
thats good u r spending time with her. I think it may just be a phase or something but if it keeps coming up i would probably take her to the doctor just to check. Smile hope everything goes well Very Happy
|
Tags: head, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Grade School Kids Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.