Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

voices in my head are evil whispers.

hello i am 18 years old and i hear voices in my head they are evil whispers and say nasty things.
i have heard voices for 3 years now and i have never told anyone because i was scared what they would say.
i am very depressed because of the voices that i have tried to kill myself.
i am still self harming.
i need help because i am scared that if i keep listening to the voices that i will do something stupid and might hurt someone i love and care about and i dont want that. i am not fussed about me hurting myself because...... i don't know.
please help me?
am i right in the head?
will this ever go?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Eiri
|

replied May 13th, 2011
Experienced User
hi, please go and see your docter to talk about this as they will be able to perscribe you things to help with the syimptoms. if you feel you want to try and take your life again please go to AandE and get emergany help.

you may also find that talking theribys help you deal with the feelings
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2011
I'm dealing with the exact same thing. I don't know if we will ever fully recover from it but a lot of people suggest counseling, and medication. The one thing that does help me temporarily is spending time with people and doing stuff to keep your mind occupied, busy so the voices don't have a chance to invade your mind. Hopefully we find healing and I wish you all the best. Don't give into the voices,it's nothing but lies.
|

replied September 10th, 2011
I too have been taken over and it has been going on for 13 years. The man in my head, has told me that he is from another planet and has advanced computer technology. They can hook our brains up to their computer and talk to us. ( our brain is nothing more than circuitry. That is all it is. These people from their world are barbaric. If you want to know more, write me back. I am so sorry you or anyone else has been picked on by these people. My heart breaks.
|

replied November 18th, 2012
help urself
Hi Brother/sister.
I am suffering something similar to this. from past few months.
You know the only reason for this. straight ahead Evil whispers to any one in their heart and mind.
The day you tell to yourself that this is all from Evil and i dont need to pay any attention to this. you will be like a free bird. try this out for just one week. keeoping one string beleif that this is satan and it never speaks truth.
As simple as that. u will win urself?
|

replied April 21st, 2013
hi i am 38 yr old and had voices in my head since i was 16 .i self harmed myself for 10 yrs and now back at it but in a different way now.for me i now have control of the voices.if u watch the movie revolver and fight club and they make sense then u have an understanding of you.the elevator scene in revolver is key.dont let the voices control you.you should control them.you are bigger than them.greed,power self gain and many more are all voices that want what they want.u need to defeat them.be very positive.any negative in my head i destroy because it will destroy me.in fight club tyler says- its not until you have lost everything that you are free to do anything.doesnt mean mean u need to burn all your money,it means dont let power,greed,self gain,ego.materialistic(which to me is ego).my life is not about me but about helping other people,and if the other people respond the same way then the world will be a better place.
i have had a 300,000 house only to make money on it(the short story).and know i stay in a caravan in a forest at a mates farm (who lives in a shed) i was a stonemason for 22 years and now retired.i worked hard to get to where i am.the money is not the importance it is the freedom that it brings from life.i am not in any way bogged down with the stuff of life.i dont want anything and i dont need anything.everybody wants the pat on the back and be told how wonderful we all are.where for me do not fall subject to that cause it will destroy u as a person,and ur voices remember u control them not other way about.face everyone of them and dont hide from them as they will try and destroy u as a person.be strong and very positve,set goals and go out there achieve them.if not die trying.nothing will put me or you down.
|

replied April 30th, 2013
I have suffered from this and now do not hear voices at all.I was on medication and am receiving counselling.You need to go to the Doctors and get help.Remember the voices are not you and you dont have to listen to them.
|

replied March 3rd, 2015
hi im cole im 12 i had them since i can remember and i cant stop it every thing is mestup my dreams my life i talk to meself
|

replied March 3rd, 2015
hi im cole im 12 i had them since i can remember and i cant stop it every thing is mestup my dreams my life i talk to meself i only hear them in my dreams now
|

replied June 4th, 2015
Hi there!
I hear one voice in my head that says it is the Devil.
I heard this very clearly in my stomach while I was in a karaoke cave (it was dark) I believe that one should not listen to these voices, but it is very difficult! plus, if you don t listen to them does not mean you feel better in the long term!!
I don't know what to do!!!
Please help
Frederica
|

replied June 4th, 2015
Hi there!
I hear one voice in my head that says it is the Devil.
I heard this very clearly in my stomach while I was in a karaoke cave (it was dark) I believe that one should not listen to these voices, but it is very difficult! plus, if you don t listen to them does not mean you feel better in the long term!!
I don't know what to do!!!
Please help
Frederica
|

replied July 18th, 2015
I have a voice too. It tells me what to do, and though I have learned not to listen to it, I find it increasingly difficult to control myself when I am very emotional. I am becoming afraid that I will hurt someone when I am emotional. It will not stop. It will never stop. I just want to love like a normal person...
|

replied November 8th, 2015
evil voices in my head
neglect the devil thoughts, fight it off with your own righteousness. always have a positive mind set no matter how evil, disturbing and negative the voice is. only you can fight it yourself. with the love of god and all light beings by your side, you will not be pulled to the dark side. be strong, be courageous and have faith. be you, as the voice is not you. it only wants you to fall and ruin your life. don't listen to it, be you, do you. may all things be blessed. love fights evil and love always wins.
|
Tags: hear, head
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....