Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Vitamins for menopause symptoms ?

User Profile
I added some vitamins for menapausal symptoms and was wondering if mixing Black and St. Johns Wort with what I am already taking is ok. I am talking Fish Omega 3 and 6 Fish Oil, a Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc combo, a Potassium anc Gluconate combo, a B-6, a B-12 and Estrovan.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2011
Vitamins Answer A18254
Hello and thank you for posting your medical query on E health forum.

A combination of St. John’s wort plus black cohosh has some efficacy to help improve menopausal symptoms. St John's wort has helpful in cases of mild depressive symptoms and somatosensory disorder.

Intake of vitamins and other supplements mentioned have no drug interactions and can be safely taken without any side effects.

For additional information and persisting doubts you might consider consulting your primary care physician as well.

I hope this is helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vitamins , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.