User Profile
Hello,
I am a male and 21 years old. About two years ago, I was diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency. I took vitamin D pills weekly (50,000IU). A couple months after this, I felt better but I had stomach problems and a sick feeling (headache, fatigue, etc) twice over the next two months. In June of 2016, I had a long day at work and did not eat very much or eat very well. The next day, I felt really sick and nauseous. I ended up having a cycle of nausea, fatigue, no apetite, headaches and low fevers (99-99.5 Fahrenheit). I lost 15 pounds in about 3 months from not working out and from not eating and having diarehia. I noticed that I would get very tired after a stressful day or after eating poorly. Then in the following days, I would get headaches, a warm feeling (even though my temp was normal at times), and fatigue. I would feel almost instant relief when I laid down from my temps. I ended up seeing a doctor and they took blood samples, did a stool test and ended up doing a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and finding I only had mild acid reflux and that all blood work came back fine. I decided to go gluten free in January of this year (for about 6 months). I have had a lot of relief with my GI symptoms but my headaches, low fevers (99-99.5), fatigue, and nasal congestion on one side of my nose have been still there. I must note that when I have “flare ups” they usually last about one week and I do feel better when I eat and when I workout and for a while after. Any advice helps as to what this could be! Thank you in advance!

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2017
Acid Reflux Answer A61787
Your symptoms of headache, nasal congestion, fatigue etc are more likely due to rhinitis or sinusitis.

The condition is caused by inflammation along with bacterial or viral infection which causes the clogging of the sinuses.

You can be helped by use of antihistamines and anti-inflammatory agents (Ibuprofen) which can help your symptoms.

If your symptoms are intolerable consulting a ENT doctor for a proper opinion would be recommended.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.