Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Vit. D3 to help combat fatigue problem

I am wondering if the amount of Vitamin D I take needs to be lessened. I have taken 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 in softgel form for probably 4-5 years. I started to do so because I have had fatigue issues for a really long time and have had numerous testosterone tests done and my total and free T levels are always quite low. I also have had hyperprolactinemia for years. Anyway, I am now taking sometimes up to 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day or slightly more like 12,000 IU if you consider the Multivitamin I take and the dairy products I consume + natural Vitamin D production. Is this too much for a 21 year old male? I don't want to do anything that is dangerous but I have had a lot of issues with staying alert and focused throughout the day. I also take ADHD medication with 25 mg of Zoloft (Sertraline generic) but I seem to still have issues with fatigue. I am also taking an iron supplement for being anemic and I am hoping that is also safe and not going to interact with the Vitamin D3 pill I take.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply