Hi DR, i went for normal blood test and also got tested for HIV - which was Neg after 10 weeks of exposure in Thailand
( 4th gen combo test in melbourne Australia ) but my doctor told i had virus in my BLOOD it could be something to do with Mouth INFECTION if i had performed oral sex ( but i haven't given yes i received for sure i am straight though) or any thing else like cough ( but i don't have cough too) and when i asked her could it be something to do with HIV she REPLIED NOT USUALLY but you can repeat test after 2 weeks for more accuracy .And it was mentioned: reactive mild lymphocytes, Thrombocytosis may be reactive to infection or acute blood. PLEASE suggest wether this is serious or not and it has something to do with hiv. THANKS
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2017
The findings mentioned in your blood report are nonspecific that can occur with any form of infection including common cold or throat infections (pahryngitis) due to streptococci or common viral infections.

It does not mean that your symptoms are due to HIV, unless your HIV test is positive.

If your HIV test is negative, and you still have symptoms, they are more likely not due to HIV, but to other common bacterial or viral infections or other medical disorders.

|

replied July 19th, 2017
THANKS a lot doctor and also i had no symptoms i healthy and fit
|
Tags: HIV and AIDS
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.