Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Virgin, but I have white/fleshy vaginal sores. Herpes or warts?

I'm 18 & l engage in oral sex and foreplay, but I don't actually have sex because I'm a virgin and I haven't found the right person yet. Anyway, on new years eve, I got drunk and went back to this guy's place (I rarely hook up with strangers. this is only the second time I have.) Needless to say we both gave each other oral more than a couple times. When I told him I wasn't going to have sex with him, he was determined to find other alternatives. It was then he stuck his finger in my anus. When I told him I wasn't into that, he proceeded to stick it back into my vagina which is a extreme no-no as far as cleanliness and hygiene goes. The next morning I experienced soreness in my vaginal area and a strong burn while urinating. Yesterday, I started contracting symptoms such as swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, fever of 101.5, cold sweats, back pain (I have had lower back pains for about a year now, so I'm not sure if this is a symptom), slight weakness, & a headache. As for my genitals, some sores around my vaginal area & a white/yellow discharge, but for the most part, no strong smell. Also, I felt like I was going to throw up a few times, but I still have a decent appetite. Also my dad was sick with the flu a few days ago, so idk if my symptoms came from him or new years eve episode.

I'm really scared that it's herpes because there's really no cure for it and I wouldn't even know how to deal with something like that. I'm really ashamed of myself, and whether it is or isn't herpes, I'm never hooking up with random strangers again. But I really need to know what my likelyhood of having an std/sti is. What's curable and what isn't? Is it herpes or warts? Or is it a bacterial infection from him cross contaminating bacteria from my anus into my genitals? I'm going to see a doctor this week, but like I said, I'm terrified. So having some sort of knowledge of the matter before hand would make me a little more comfortable.

Also, if anyone is familiar with what std's/sti's look like, I'm comfortable showing a picture if you can identify what it is.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2013
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The genital symptoms that you describe could be suggestive of infection from germ transfer (from anus to vagina), or due to infection from bad hygiene, STD (if there has been exchange of body fluids), etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation done by your doctor/gynecologist. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation and assistance. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation. Keep area clean and dry.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.