Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diets and Diet Plans Forum

Views on the Dukan Diet please?

Hello, I have recently quit smoking - going into my 7th week (although had 4 slip ups). I have put on a fair bit of weight already, my shift patterns are on nights so I also find that doesn't help as eating more out of boredom.
I am hoping to change my lifestyle once again, diet wise this time! And wondering whether giving the Dukan Diet a go for a kick start. Anyone been on this diet and what are you reviews please?
I have read over the book, my main concern is the lack of vegetables, fruit, etc involved in it - although to be honest I rarely eat healthily so perhaps this diet would introduce me finally how to use vegetables etc differently and how to bring them into a daily routine?
I am 5'4 and weigh 8 stone 13, I have noticed it has gone to my stomach and front area in general. My usual weight stays around 8 stone 3 ish, fluctuates usually but I have never gained this amount of weight so fast.
I understand I am not overweight, but when you have been at an average weight most of your life, then suddenly gain weight - It has had a huge effect on my self esteem already.
Im not the healthiest of people, although trying to change this step by step - quitting smoking being the first hurdle, now although wanting to lose weight gained, I also want to have a healthier diet.
Any experiences on this diet would be beneficial.
Thank You
x
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....