Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Viable long-term solutiion for Knee Pain?

I have had knee pain in both my knees since I was 13 years old. It started off as cartilage wearing out. In 2015 I revisited the doctor after 7 years with knee pain once again. My PCP said I had a Patella Tracking Disorder. Fast forward to 2016 and I had an MRI done that revealed a Level One ACL injury along with cartilage damage as well as Tendonitis and Bursitis. I went through Physical Therapy and my pain was very minimal (have always had slight knee pain) for about two months before I started having the problems again. Turns out I have Tendonitis again, but no one can answer why I keep getting it(I am not an athlete I am 21 years old and I work in a retail store in Customer Service) and what else I can do besides Physical Therapy to stop these issues. My recent visit was to an Orthopedic who seemed to ignore everything else I have had and just focused on what I have now which frustrates me, because I don't have the money to keep paying for Physical Therapy since I was out of work for three months the first time and it only helps for a short period. It seems like no one will listen to me when I ve taken Steroid Pills, had an injection done to lower swelling, as well as the Physical Therapy and none of it has worked long term. What can I do if no one is listening to me that nothing is truly working for me long term? It seems as if I am in a continuous cycle and I'm the only one who truly understands how much pain I am in. I can bearly put weight on my right leg and sometimes it feels like my leg is going to give out and I've fallen twice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....