Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I don't see anyone else with the answer to this question. I have what I would describe as very small (like the head of a pin or quilters pin at max)bumps inside my vagina, against the vaginal wall and under the skin. There are a few, kinda ramdomly scattered around in there if I really feel for them, but there is one in particular that must be against a nerve in my groin maybe or else prssing on something because it causes me pain. Ocassionally just little pricks, but otherwise what can sometimes be a low contant feeling that makes me notice that part of my body, and sometimes a fairly considerable pain that can pull down the inside of my leg if I have been standing for long periods. My (very uncomfortable) family practitioner examined it a couple years ago and said not to worry, but he never told me what they might be, or if I could have the hurting one removed. What are these? He was pretty uncomforable, could he have misdiagnosed something serious?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A15221

Welcome to the forum. From your symptoms,it looks like a Bartholin's abscess or cyst. There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands. These can become painful and swollen, and an abscess can form. This often causes blockage in the main duct from the gland, and a cyst develops. This is felt as a painless, hard swelling.In such cases, antibiotics may be helpful, or surgical treatment might be required.

Other possibilities are sebaceous cysts (accumulations of secretions that can occur Fanywhere on the skin or mucosal surfaces), lipomas (fatty deposits) ,fibromas (fibrous tissue deposits) or viral warts(small raised pimples to a mass of large, cauliflower-like growths. The virus that causes them is passed on during sex).

An examination by a gynecologist will be the best to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.