Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

very painful periods, including fainting, hysterectomy?

I'm 18 and from austria. Since I am 11 I have my period, and the pain is horrible. I faint, I sweat and freeze at the same time, I vomit and it's impossible for me to stay at school or do anything in that time. The pain lasts for good 8-10 hours and the strongest painkillers, which my gyn in austria gave me, help nothing. I have this pain now for about 7 jears and I just want to stop it. I which i could cut out my uterus and watch it burn in the fire. I have the feeling, it kills me from inside. So when I fot 14 I was sure, I want to have a hysterectomy, when I am over age (18 in austria). So i asked my gyn, and he said it's impossible at that age, and I should take birth control pills. But i dont want to take pills my whole live and disturb my natural hormones. I am 100% sure, i dont want to have children later, i actually hate them and this had been my whole life this way and is not going tot change anymore. I never was a typical girl, i never played with dolls or wanted to become a princess. I prefered cars or becoming a football player, so I never really felt like a girl, and if i had had the choice, i would have definetive chose to become a boy. (but i am heterosexual) i learned to live with this body, but i will never be able to live with these pains, or only with the fact that i have these bleedings, because some of my dreams can never become true this way, for example to make an outback in australia for many months... I'm so sick of this and i just want this organ out, so please dont tell me its too radical, or i will change my mind about children, or i should take these pills... I only want to know if there is this possibility to remove my uterus (i would pay whatever the price is) in america, because i herad it is possible there, or if you could recommend me a doctor who would make this op or if you know a country where i can make this operation
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The pain that you describe is dysmenorrhea (not usually relieved by conventional pain killers) and the nausea could be due to hormonal changes around period time as well as due to the painful uterine contractions. You will need antispasmodic medication to help you relieve the pain since it is caused by spasmic contractions of uterus trying to expel its contents during menstrual bleeding and due to the pelvic congestion that occurs at the time of menstruation. If worried, visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation clarification and assistance and avoid self-medication. Having hysterectomy is not the choice since you are in your reproductive agge group, and if the underlying cause is endometriosis, then the symptoms will not be relieved by just having hysterectomy. Your pain will recur as long as there is estrogen production if the symptoms are due to endometriosis. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet (eat light and simple foods around the time of expected period that will also help to control the gastritis and nausea resulting from it) and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hysterectomy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.