Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

very bad pains over my right hip for 2, pressure helps?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
I have been getting very bad pains just over my right hip for the last 2 days it comes and goes and when the pain is there and i put pressure on it it goes and when i take it away again it feels worse !!!!!!! also when i take a deep breath it feels worse and i have fanited with this pain tonight !!!!! i cant deal with pain quite well and have been inducted into labour and had no pain killers but this is getting bab now what could it be ???????

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A26984

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. There can be many possibilities for such pain above the right hip. It can be due to hip condition or injury, pelvic inflammatory disease in females, kidney stones, spinal conditions causing nerve pain, gastrointestinal and genitourinary causes.

You need to consult a physician/ gynecologist for confirmation and get investigations like blood tests, ultrasound lower abdomen, MRI lower spine and cervical swabs done. Treatment is diagnosis specific.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.