Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Vertigo type feeling after surgery

Hi there, my name is Joe Zigmund. I just had a foot surgery two weeks ago from today on March 26th. Two days after I got home from the hospital, I was prescribed Percoset (I hope thats how its spelled), for pain in my foot. Since I got home, for almost two weeks now, I have had a type of dizziness that feels like the room is tipped forward and I have pressure, not pain, in the back of my head, nose, and roof of my mouth. I hope this isn't a tumor. Again, its pressure that I'm feeling, not pain. Also I spoke with my mom about the problem. I'm 24, and she says it could just be my equilibrium, and my foot doctor claims that I could even just be experiencing a side effect from the anesthesia. Can somebody tell me what is going on? I want to know what I have wrong with me and how to fix it.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JZigmund24
|

replied July 27th, 2009
I had surgery a week ago and am experiencing the same, I canonly find relief from the spinning when I lie down. Not really practical to do that all day every day. Like you my doctor said its a reaction to the general anaesthetic, something about one of the chemicals that is used being fat soluble and staying in the body for 5 to 6 weeks.

I cant function at all, its like being incredibly drunk all day and causes nausea and extreme fatigue. Im on tablets ( prochlorperazine ) but they're having no effect so Im returning to the doctors today so will let you know what's said.
|

replied March 21st, 2011
One week after hammertoe surgery I was hit with a vertigo attack that was so disabling I could not walk.
|
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....