User Profile
i am in currently receiving treatment on my legs for Venous leg ulcers. all that the doc has me doing is wearing Unna boots and changing them every 5 days. so far it has been over 6 weeks and very little progress has been made. How long can I expect for this treatment to last. I will then go to a surgeon and have laser surgery to repair the veins
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
venous ulcers needs interactive and hydrocolloid dressings. management depends on the type and cause of this ulcers. venous hypertension usually gets these unna boots you mentioned.The use of low-intensity ultrasonic stimulation of venous ulcers and mafenide acetate (Sulfamylon and silver sulfadiazine are some other additions too. Time of recovery depends on epidermal growth factors and depth of wound. Relative and needs to be determined once completely assessing the wound status.Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and injection of low molecular weight heparins are also used to fasten the healing process.
If conservative therapies fail, surgical revascularizations is the last resort. get to your vascular surgeon and let them help you with this further.
Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.