Hello,

I have been to see a cardiologist, after spending about 4 years going to my own doctor with chest pains. I am 28 years old and until recently my own doctor did not feel it was necessary to see a cardiologist, she always said I was too young to be worried. Recently she ran a load of tests, echos, stress tests, etc etc. I was then referred to a cardiologist.

He reviewed the stress test, echo and holter etc etc. He said a lot of things I didn't quite understand. He said something about my blood pressure in one arm is 146/76 and then he did the other arm and it was 116/96. He talked about that for a bit, most of which I didn't understand and he said I need to keep wrapped up in the cold that I had poor circulation? Then he went on to say I have been suffering from "vasospams" (?) I am not sure what that is but I will try find out.

He went on to say with my "strong history" I need to keep a close eye on my pains and I should not wait so long to long for help. He also said something about Angina. He said he is not to worried "at this point" but I will need to keep coming back every few months to be monitored. He said he will contact me soon about which treatment is best as he needs to discuss my case with his colleagues in the practice.

I am a little confused and don't really understand. Can anyone tell me what's going on please? Smile

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Experienced User
Angina is another word for the chest pain you were having. A vasospasm is when a vessel or vessels in your heart spasm or twitch. This can cause decreased oxygen to your heart muscle which can cause chest pain.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Ah ok, thank you. Is this a serious condition or just something to be aware of? Also, if I am/to get pregnant could that cause a problem? Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Experienced User
it can be a serious condition that may be why your doc wants to talk with the other cardiologists first to decide treatment. this condition could possibly cause heart attack, irregular heart beats or even death. i don't know how serious your case is though just be really aware of your chest pains and let him know when and how often it happens. i'm not sure about the pregnancy thing but if i had to guess i think it could be an issue
|

replied July 21st, 2009
I totally understand. Thank you for being honest about it. I think I will contact the cardiologist and ask for more information about my case, if I don't hear from him in the next few weeks. I am basically waiting to hear for sure one way or the other on the pregnancy issue before I make contact with him, so as not to take up too much of his time.

Thank you again, you have been most informative. Smile
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Experienced User
anytime!
|
Must Read
Angina is described as general chest pain. But when does angina occur? And what types of angina might you be experiencing? Start learning the basics here....
Angina is a symptom of heart problems such as coronary heart disease. But what can trigger chest pain? And who is at risk of developing angina? ...
Angina is a squeezing, burning or tight pressure sensation in the chest. But when should you seek help? When does angina become serious?...