User Profile
Dizzy fainting spells from around puberty. Learned to prevent them by not standing up too quickly.

Severe stabbing headaches in the upper middle of my head throughout life. Sometimes would leave a longer lasting dull headache. Most often occur during spring or early summer. They also seemed to occur more when I was busy at work and under pressure to make a lot of decisions.

I often feel cold in summertime if I am indoors and inactive. A walk to the shop seems to kick start my heating system. I often get throbbing in my eyes when walking uphill on a hot day. Often get headaches if bending for a while.

In my 20's I experienced a series of agonising, throbbing headaches. This was after being bent over digging to fill a barrow, then standing to lift the barrow.

Recently during sex, experienced agonising headaches on approach to orgasm. Head has been dull almost painful since. Codydramol 10/500 seem to help. Cold wind makes the dull area sore.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2010
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A11407
Thanks for using this forum.

On reviewing your medical history it seems you may be having a vascular head headache. You should meet a neurologist and have an mri scan of the brain.

During sex, stress usually causes the brain vessels to swell leading to severe pain in patients. You should get your bp checked for a week to show any changes while standing and lying down. Postural hypotension can be another reason for your spells and headaches.

Discuss the above with your doc and you may find a solution.

Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.