10 days ago I had a vasectomy and I felt pretty good over the weekend, recovery has been fairly easy. We were able to have intercourse which at the time helped the minor pain in my testicles. However this weekend I had to chase my son all over the place at our church because he wouldn't stay out of things lol and I was picking up our baby some too. I over did it because now all the pain is back and I'm swelled up... what should I do? There's one particular area that looks agitated because it is a little red and warm (probably from inflammation).

Btw I'm sorry for double posting... I only meant to edit but this forum seems limited...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Take your Nsaids eg Diclofenac sodium that were prescribed to you post operatively in the same dosage and also take gabapentin 600 mg along with it. Fix an appointment with your doctor at the earliest or go to an E.R for an examination and ultrasound to look for any serious complications.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|

replied April 15th, 2015
Compared to many surgeries, vasectomy is relatively minor and procures limited pain. However, it is best to avoid physical activity as it can put unnecessary stress on procedure site. Your doctor might have given you a strong painkiller before giving you discharge from hospital. It should help in pain management.
Icing the procedure site regularly for few days, after the operation will help reduce pain and swelling. Make sure ice is wrapped in a towel or cloth so it doesn’t directly contact the skin.
|

replied April 17th, 2015
Experienced User
Wear a jockstrap to support your injured testicles and to help absorb the hits and jolts until you are completely healed up. Every Dr. should be handing out free jockstraps with every vasectomy they do.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vasectomy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.