User Profile
Since basically the fall of '07, I have been having a very irritated feeling on my scrotum/shaft. I feel like I am sweating there more than I should be, the skin there feels very sticky, and there is a slight burning type feeling on my scrotum. The skin on the scrotum is also kind of shiny at times. Basically every time I separate my penis from my scrotum it's like peeling off a band-aid, although not as extreme. I went to a urologist in December for both this and dull testicular pain. He said I had a varicocele, but no skin irritation or anything. I had a bilateral varicocelectomy in April.

Could the increased temperature from the varicocele be causing this uncomfortable feeling(if it was successful, it hasn't gone away just yet)? The left side is very high grade. Is this all in my head? I used to use a lot of baby powder, which makes me feel how I think I should feel. Is there anything I could use to make it go away without causing harm if I don't actually have anything?

Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2008
Mens Conditions Answer A4144
Varicocele (enlarged testicular veins) causes an increase of the local temperature. An increase in temperature is small but enough to disturb the spermatozoid production (spermatogenesis) and to cause male sterility. That local temperature increase usually can’t cause skin irritation.Given your description (burning feeling and peeling) you could be experiencing a yeast infection or eczema of the scrotal skin.

You can consult a dermatologist about this.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.