Today was Valentine’s Day, the most romantic day of the year, people giving flowers, candy and cards to the ones they love. I spent my day alone, in my husband’s home. I had to pack my stuff and watched as people all around me held hands, laughed, hugged and even kissed each other. I got him some of his favorite chocolates and I even bought him a card. I made plans to be alone with him for the weekend and he said maybe. I am not materialistic at all but I would like to feel like I am special to someone. When we got home he noticed I had packed pictures and took our marriage license off the wall and tossed it to me and said ”make sure you pack this too”. I then asked him why? Why would you want me to pack it? He took the license and threw it in the trash, guess I really do mean a lot to him.
The sad thing is I was hoping deep inside that everything could be ok with us, I know now that will never be reality. I have to admit that my heart is torn open and it seems like there is no end to this pain. The only thing I seem to be good at lately is making him mad or annoyed or I’m just in the way
I never imagined love could hurt so much. I wanted a family and all I seem to bring is agony, why can’t I do anything right? Can anyone truly make him happy? I guess I will never truly know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2012
Experienced User
I'm very sorry to hear that. You need to know that you're one of a kind, and that's his loss. I'm not getting a clear picture here. Have you two always been this way? Why did you pack pictures and your marriage license? Were you walking out on him or something? Anyway, from what you told me, it seems like there wasn't much commitment, or communication on both of your parts. If he isn't willing to try, move on. It's the best you can do. You will find someone who accept you for who you are. Take care!
|
Did you find this post helpful?