Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

vaginal yeast has spread to anal region, no treatments work

User Profile
hello, for the last year and a half, i've been dealing with a persistent vaginal yeast infection that seems to have spread to my anal region. all the typical treatment options (diflucan, flagystatin, etc) did not worked until i was advised to try boric acid. boric acid seems to have cured my vaginal yeast infection but i still have anal symptoms (mostly a burning sensation that is worse when sitting). is there anything i could try to cure my anal symptoms (keeping in mind that diflucan, etc, did not cure it in the past)? thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2015
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A51784
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the persistent fungal infection of the perianal area. It can be due to persistent fungal infection or due to intertrigo as well.

Intertrigo is dermatitis or inflammation of the skin caused due to rubbing, moisture or fungal or bacterial infection. It is mostly found in body folds.

First of all keep the area dry by wearing cotton underwear and using plain cornstarch. Barrier creams containing zinc oxide are also helpful.

You may also need topical or oral antifungals which should be taken only under medical supervision. It is also important to rule out any associated pinworms as well which be responsible for anal itching.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.