Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

vaginal bleeding after sex, yellow watery discharge?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Abnormal vaginal bleeding after sex, yellow watery discharge stains my underwear, and pain on vulva/entrance to vagina are my symptoms (a burning sometimes raw feeling). I had trichomoniasis but was cured (confirmed by 2 doctors)and my tests came back negative for yeast and BV. I had negative chlamydia and gonorrhea tests. What is causing these problems? I am lost as to what I should be tested for. I am 20 years old and sexually active since 16 and am on birth control pill. Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A25303
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If symptoms are persistent, consider getting culture sensitivity tests done on the vaginal discharge. Since you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection and avoid having intercourse while both are on treatment. Drink plenty of water. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. Also consider getting a PAP smear test done to rule out cervical erosion, dysplasia etc. Hormonal tests done will rule out hormonal issues for the abnormal bleeding.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.