Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vaginal and Uterus Health Question

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
what can happen if you got soap on a towel in it got push deep in the vagina after intercourse it happen to me by my boyfreind DID IT TO ME . now i have a very bad smell coming from my vagina it burn my vagina walls. i don't know what to do. he was wash me up. i did go to doctor i i had b v infection got treat for it. i also got a kidney infection got treat for that. was tested for std's test was neg. it smell like i never wash after i had sex.will i have to live with this smell coming from my vagina everyone can smell it? DO THEY HAVE ANY PRODUCT FOR VAGINA ODOR?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2009
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A7860
Hello and welcome to eHealth Forum!

A fishy odor that is felt most after sex or washing with soap goes in favor of bacterial vaginosis. Bacterial vaginosis is usually caused by Gardnerella vaginalis bacteria. It is not clear how the infection comes. It's not thought to be a STD. Treatment is usually by antibiotics.

Diagnosis is generally by a wet mount slide showing the presence of ‘clue cells’. Generally it is treated by metronidazole given to both partners.
Please consult your gynecologist regarding this.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.