Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

vagina tears, torn skin and swelling

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
after having rough sex the other night i woke up with extrime discomfort around my vagina, it was all swolen, had multiple cuts and looked all inflamed like all the skin had been torn, it is very painful how can i make it heal an avoid having this problem again? please help asap
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2012

Welcome to ehealthforum

Cuts and swollen skin occurs when it becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing against other skin or against a foreign material.If there is any change in the color or odor of vaginal discharge then a vaginal infection can be suspected.
Apart from that warts can also cause these symptoms and might be possible that it has flared up now.It is difficult to comment without a clinical examination.
Some suggestions:
1)You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

2)Application of a topical antibiotic cream like Bactroban or Neosporin and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

3)Wear loose cotton undies and avoid tight fitting clothes.
If the symptoms worsen consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.
Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.