Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

vagina itch ! used yogurt but still itchy

I ve got yeast infection for sometime and I finally decided to use yogurt and the discharge did seems to be more clear compare to before and can sense that the symptoms did get better however , the vulva part still seems to be itchy ! Help please ? What should I do ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

The cause of your itching cannot be determined with the limited history here and also due to the lack of physical examination findings.

It is common for women to have slight mucoid (whitish or slightly yellowish) secretions in the genital area, which helps to keep the skin moisturised and healthy. But this natural discharge is not associated with irritation or itching. In most situations general cleaning with a warm shower will help you feel fresh and clean. No medical treatment is needed.

If there is excessive whitish discharge (curd like), irritation and itching it could be a sign of fungal infection (candidiasis).

If there is redness, purulent discharge (yellow thick) and there is abnormal smell, it could be a sign of bacterial infection.

In case of such infections (fungal or bacterial), you may benefit by consulting your doctor or a OB-GYN for proper medical advice.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.