Hi, I believe that I have a UTI from anal sex about 9 days ago. My first question is could the UTI just now show symptoms, or am I being paranoid. Also, I have had one in the past. The Dr perscribed Macrobid until the culture came back, then switched me to Amoxiicillin. I can't afford to go to Dr uuntil next week. I have 7 Amoxiciillin pills from before, if I take them is that enough to rid the UTI? Or would it be better to take the Macrobid?

Thank you to anyone that can help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Just the fact that you had anal sex cannot give you an UTI. You get an UTI from bacteria going up your pee hole. So if he touched your anus, and then your vulva (fingers or penis), it can cause it. It is best for him to use a condom, and dispose it after anal, wipe yourself to get the lube off, wash hands and then continue to vaginal play.

A UTI can take a bit of time to get to the point where you realize you have one. Some women will however get it from normal vaginal play as well. It seems like the friction of the penis on the pee hole causes this. Remember to pee immediately after sex st flush your system.

You should always use a full course of antibiotics. So do not use left o er pils. You should not even have left over pills. Antibiotics are all or nothing. It will be best to ask a doctor or pharmacist.

If you are in the US, Planned Parenthood may be able to help you as well.

Drink lots of water and cranberry juice to relieve the symptoms.

Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....