Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum


Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Question the past year i have noticed when i have sex i can feel my boyfriends penis hitting something almost like a wall in the back of my vagina, i know something is wrong because i have felt myself and i believe it may be my uterus im not sure though, when i feel the inside of my vagina i can literally push what ever it is upward and then i feel pressure, i believe i may have a prolapsed uterus but i dont understand why i am only 20 yrs old. i have no clue what type of doctor to go to or who to talk to please give me some answers
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011

Welcome to ehealthforum

Vagina has enough space to accomodate penis as it enlarges and elongates during the intercourse.The upper portion of the vagina is known as cervix and sometimes during penetration the penis can hit the cervix.It seems that you are experiencing that.It either happens if the woman is not properly aroused or if the thrusting is too deep.Have lots of foreplay before insertion so that you are well lubricated.You can also ask him to finger you for arousal and then start intercourse.Changing sexual positions would also help.
When a woman is properly aroused the cervix is lifted up as the vagina elongates.There is no possibility of prolapse at such a young stage and that also without any symptoms.If the problem persists kindly see a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.