Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

uterine bleeding fibroids

I'm 37 with no children. I'm sexually active with my bf. But in January I missed my period. Then in February and March I have had cramping,bloating, nausea,and bleeding with big clots. The bleeding has become so bad I bleed through pads and tampons and I'm embarrassed to say I'm trying adult depends because I'm tired of bleeding through my clothes. It's ruining my sex life, and my social life. I was told last year I had cysts on my ovaries and fibroids on my uterus and was given bc but it made it worse so I stopped taking it. I can't get into a gyno til next month. Any suggestions on how to curb the bleeding?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2019
Thanks for your question.
You have to visit a doctor. Because,you are near menopause and already have fibroids and ovarian cysts; a through checkup is necessary before prescribing any medicine.A double dosing of birth control pills often help to stop the bleeding temporarily but it might cause nausea,vomiting as well as headache.So,by any means,please try to visit your doctor.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to go to the doctor.
Wishing you all the best.

|

replied June 5th, 2019
Hi, I hope you went to run some tests and are doing better. Overall, traditional medicine is not good at treating these types of things, unless a surgery is truly needed, but tests indeed may be required. Don't forget to check your hemoglobin and coagulation factors. Often with too heavy of the bleeding you can cbecome anemic. Coagulation will show how well the blood is cloting. Too early to talk about an upcoming menopause. I assume you ruled out a pregnacy or a miscarriage. A couple of supplement suggestions. Double check if you are taking anything that thins the blood, even vitamin d and fish oil can contribute. Spices can also make it worse. Take vitamin K1. Try herbs for this like raspberry tea, lady mantle, shepherd’s purse, complex by Vitanica Slow Flow and similar. Homeopatic are very effective, still ideally need to be prescribed. You can look specifically for fibroid formula. Personally, would get the one in a complex and not a single ingredient. Give it some time.

I know it can be frustrating not to mention exausting and uncomfortable. It can and will get better, just need to stick with things.
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.