Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

usually have a very heavy flow.

User Profile
What's wrong? I had very light pink discharge once I wiped on the 2nd of September. I never noticed anymore. The 4th I experienced more blood. It was noticeably heavier but the color was a light pinkish-reddish color. On the 7th I took out my tampon & the blood was a brown-ish color. I figured I wasn't off yet so I kept a tampon in. There was no blood the rest of the day. Then a day later, the 9th I had a light brown watery like substance when I wiped myself, lasted a couple of days. I usually have a very heavy flow. Besides that, I've been having cramps on my right side. The last period I had was from August 1-4, 2014 My cycle is usually 30 days. My ovulation day was calculated to be the 21st of August. I had sex the 21st, 22nd, 24th, 25th, 28th-30th, & the 3rd & 4th of August & the 3rd-5th & 14th-17th of September. Since then I've experienced bloat, constipation, sleeplessness, vomiting, frequent urination, sore breasts & nipples, & a sore spot between my belly button & public bone.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2014
Menstruation Answer A49714
Thank youf or asking

Your symptoms suggest an infection and prompt care with hygiene consideration. Rest the heavy flow is menorrhagia and itself has many possibilities. You need a gynecologist and let them rule out any organic cause like fibroids etc.

If ruled out then conservative management like OCPs, GnRH analogs and tranexemic acids would be needed. Lets hope it settles there.

Seek a gynecologist and let them be the judge of that.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.