Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

using Daktarin but its not cleared up

User Profile
Hi i have oral thrush, had it for 9 days now, ive been using Daktarin but its not cleared up yet. I suffer with anxiety and am used to it effecting my bowels, making them more frequent, they have been quite loose today and ive had stomach pain. I just went to the toilet and it was one small, more solid, darker piece than ive had all day, but when i went to flush it looked like there was a yellowish/light beige fluffy, cloud like substance attached down the one side of it, so out of curiosity i jabbed it with the toilet brush and the yellow strip came off and broke down into smaller pieces. Would this be yeast infection also gone to my stomach?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2015
Yeast Infection Answer A51713
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

It is difficult to say whether the piece was fungus or not. This type of stool can also be seen if you have liver or pancreatic problem or drink alcohol. It can also be something you ate. Other than that, if you have persistent fungal infection, then either you are not taking proper treatment (which usually involves prolonged medication) or you could be suffering from diabetes or gastric reflux which makes it difficult to treat oral thrush.

Please consult your family doctor regarding this. You may need some blood tests and maybe a stool test to diagnose this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.