From last two months i am suffuring from fever regarding this i consulted by doctor. They sugested to do some urine culture test and then they asked me to take some injections and antibiotic pills. But taking all the medicines the fever is still continues. Kindly guide what i do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

If there is fever despite use of antibiotics for the UTI (Urinary tract Infection ) then its likely that the infection has persisted and not responded to the antibiotic therapy. Empiric therapy with broad spectrum antibiotics can be started after doing repeat cultures and subsequently the antibiotics can be tailored according to culture results.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.