Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Urination at night issues; Male, late-20s

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here it is:

In the past, Ive noticed problems urinating, especially at night and with a full-bladder. When I go to relieve it, I feel like I'm having to really push, and there is a subsequent weak stream. 15-20 minutes later, I feel the urge to pee and "the rest" of it comes out, in a very relaxed, unforced manner. Urination during the day is no problem at all.

It's beginning to happen more frequently now, almost every night when I get up to pee and in the early mornings when I have a full bladder. I often spend a good 1.5 minutes in the bathroom trying to force myself to empty the entire contents of my bladder. (Only to do it properly 20 mins later)

What is the issue here? In a 27-year old male, very physically active (gym 3 x a week.)

Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2015
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Urinary issues at night are likely psychological with no other organic pathology and no illness in the morning. However you may get tested for urine flow dynamics and get a urine routine exam. See what comes up.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|

replied June 22nd, 2015
Go to your local health food store and pick up a bottle of D-mannose, I'm taking 3x recommended. This definitely helped me as I had the same issues with my prostatitis.
|

replied May 11th, 2016
I am male aged 68 have to go 3 to 4 times at night to empty
the bladder. Prostate is normal after examined by doctor. Urine flow dynamics test and further test indicated bladder opening to the urethra for urinating is narrow therefore unable to empty all urine.

Finally completed bladder neck incision day surgery(stayed at hospital over-night) which cut open the bladder opening. Final result 60% satisfactory reduced night time wake up to toilet frequency by 50% and I have no negative side effects.
Possible side effects included:

1. surgery success rate around 70%
2. during sex at ejaculation, most of the sperms go into the
bladder through the cut opening instead of coming out from the tip of the penis. The volume of ejaculation may be reduced by half or more. The chance of having children through normal intercourse is greatly reduced if not zero.
3. Some people have adverse effect of getting a full erection
|

replied July 21st, 2016
Three months after my bladder neck incision surgery in April 2016, I have a follow up report on my situation:

1. frequency of night time wake up going to toilet reduced by
half.
2. resumed sex life one month after surgery, first two months
during intercourse, the degree of sexual pleasure and on climax reduced somewhat. From the third month on, regain full sexual pleasure as before and on climax. Volume of sperm ejacutated reduced by about 1/3, pleasure level unchanged. My
doctor only had a small cut on my bladder neck with laser technology.
3. overall satisfaction with the surgery is 8 out of 10.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.