Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urinary tract infections and their causes

User Profile
Hi doc,

i just got afew questions for you.
Is Urinary Tract Infection common in males?
What are the symptoms?
What are the dangers of not being tested?

Recently, I have been experiencing short bladder control, well it really doesn't seem to be controlled by the bladder but by the penise hole actually. And everytime I took a leak when I didn't feel that much of a need to go, a little amount comes out and it smells. I've had some occurence of this the for the past month, but it has been occuring frequently these past 3 days.

I also couldn't control myself and I actually wet my pants at work. It was embarassing but thankfully no one noticed. Also, I get a burning sensation or something like that when I'm forcing it out to pee.

Is there any home medication or treatment/prevention for me to try out before going to the doctors?

Thanks alot for helpin' out.

Seacoconut.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2008
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A4364
1. Urinary tract infections are not as common in males as in females.
2. Symptoms of a UTI are frequent urination, burning, and painful urination; blood in the urine can also be present, pain in the lower abdomen…
3. If not treated properly and on time it can turn into chronic UTI or can affect the kidneys.
4. According to your explanation it is more likely that you have urinary incontinention (unable to control urination) than an infection. Urinary incontinention is not a defined disease but a symptom that can be due to several disorders. A UTI can cause disturbed and frequent urination but not incontinention. You have to consult a urologist or neurologist about your condition.
5. There isn’t any home medication for your symptoms. You have to consult a doctor as soon as possible.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.