Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urinary problems pee every 2 hours and have a weak flow

Hey guys,
I am a 21 year old male, having some urinary problems from quite sometime. The problem is that the symptoms are fluctuation, i.e., one symptom goes and other comes.

For around e years I have to pee for around 5-6 times a day and having a bit week flow(Earlier i used to pee 2-3 times a day). I thought this might be normal and it was not causing me much discomfort so I didn't consult a doctor. I also used to have lower back pain and the orthopedic doctor said it is because of my posture issues and nothing to worry about. But for about a month I had to pee in every an hour or so. Sometimes the flow was okay and sometimes it was too low. Also the quanity varies. I visited the doctor and he suspected a kidney stone and prescribed 'Alfuzosin' for 15 days, once a day after breakfast.He also advised a Ultrasound and in the reports every thing was normal. I haven't gone to the doctor with the reports as they were normal and I had also started feeling a bit better and also my exams were going on.

I took alfuzosin for 3 days and after that I had pretty bad Constipation. Even a laxative wasn't helping so I had to stop it. Also after taking alfuzosin I used to have the urge to pee in every half an hour or so but I couln't pee. So I had to stop taking it. I also couln't visit the doctor as my exams were going on. But one magical thing happened after taking Alfuzosin, my lower back pain just dissappeared! I don't know how, but it just vanished and it hadn't accourred again.

After around 7 days after this, I started taking 'Alfuzosin' again but this time the effects of this medicine were different. In about 4-5 days of taking it, I didn't suffer from any constipation but this time also I was feeling like to pee most of the time, but couldn't pee and also I had a little pain in my penis. Actually I could't define it whether it is a feeling of 'pain' or 'pressure', I don't know why but I am confused about it. It was causing too much discomfort so I again had to stop it.

Since then, at times I have pain in my penis, or somtimes pain in the scrotum. Also the symptoms I have to pee in around every 2 hours and have a weak flow are continuing. I don't have a burning sensation though. Somedays I feel absolutely normal.

Also, for quite sometime I wake up after sleeping for 5-6 hours with a very high pressure, but I don't urinate much. Then again after an hour or so I have to pee again.

I don't know what is happening with but at times I feel too scared to even go to the doctor. I will try to see the doc tommorrow, but can you guys help me what it could be? I am pretty anxious.

Just for the record, I was also having digestive problems for around an year and I was diagnosed with 'H.Pylori' and antibiotics were given. And when I was in my teenage, around 12-13 years, I used to have urine infections frequently, say in every couple of months.

I will really appreciate your help, Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2014
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Your symptom is called polyuria (excessive frequency of voiding). It can be due to many reasons which can be physiological or disease-related, and include excessive intake of liquids, diuretic substances (including tea, caffeine, alcohol, certain drugs), anxiety, exposure to cold, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus (central or nephrogenic), urinary tract infections or obstruction, etc to name a few more common ones. I suggest you to take opinion of your doctor who would do a clinical examination and advice for needful tests (such as routine urinanalysis, blood glucose test, blood & urinary osmolalities, ultrasonography of renal system, etc).

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.