User Profile
i was wondering if you could help me i keep getting really bad pain in my stamache back and my left side its sharp but at times burning and will feel like a hunger pain,at times it makes me feel sick and will feel cribeled.i keep getting hot flushes and sometimes when i have been for a stool i will wipe and they will be blood this doesnt happen all the time 3 days befor my period i had unproteced sex but i did come on my period on the correct date.its also making me feel tired i wasx wondering if you could help me please email me back to [email protected]
many thnaks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2010
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A14314
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

Women may experience urinary tract infections several days after an episode of intercourse. The urinary tract infections are characterized by a frequent need to urinate, pain in the lower middle abdomen or lower back, itching in the genital area, pain or discomfort when urinating, milky urine or presence of pus in the urine. Sometimes, sexual diseases can be transmitted with unprotected sexual intercourse. This infection may spread from the vagina to the other reproductive organs and may manifest itself with pain in the lower abdomen, increased body temperature, vaginal discharge, itching, etc.

Given the data that you described, you may or may not experience any of the medical conditions listed above. You may want to have a bacterial culture with an antibiogram from a urine sample to exclude urinary tract infection. You may also consider seeing a gynecologist to exclude possible infection of the reproductive organs.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.