I'm in urgent need of an answer or guidance on where I may find an answer.

My girlfriend lives in a country where all forms of abortion are illegal (even if the girl is in danger of death). We attempted abortion many times earlier however due to it not being allowed here we weren't experienced enough to know what we were doing, and it failed. These abortion attempts have potentially left the feutes with severe abnormalities.

We must abort ASAP. My current idea is to travel to China with her and have it done there. I'm not asking for illegal advice, as abortion is 100% legal in China.

My two questions are related to China only for someone who knows the answer, or where I may find the answers -

1) Is it possible to have a second trimester abortion in a Chinese hospital as a foreigner?

2) What would the dangers be at this stage of the pregnancy be for having an abortion?

3) What would the maximum allowed time be to abort in China?

Any help would be so very very much appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2011
Ans 1) I Think YES

Ans 2) Second trimester abortion is a safe surgical procedure and has approximately the same rate of complications as normal childbirth. Complications range from minor to severe, including the rare event of death. However, deaths that occur during abortions in the second trimester are usually the result of physical complications present prior to the procedure.

Complications that can occur during or after the abortion include infection, incomplete abortion (where some of the placenta remains in the uterus), injuries to the uterus, cervical tear, heavy and prolonged bleeding, whole body complications such as blood clotting problems, adverse reactions to the drugs, shock, cardiac arrest, amniotic fluid embolism and possible sterility. If you have a multiple pregnancy, the chances of complications increase. There is also the possibility of cervical incompetence which may result in problems maintaining a pregnancy in the future (possible miscarriage, stillbirth, low birth weight, premature delivery). Should any of these complications arise, antibiotic drugs and blood transfusions may be required. Remember, although many types of complications have been listed, the chances of a complication are small.

Even though complications are rare.

Ans 3) 24 Weeks (Second Trimesters)

PLEASE NOTE:- I AM NOT A DOCTOR, I CANT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY READING AND APPLYING MY WRITINGS, I HAVE REPLIED JUST FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY.
|
Did you find this post helpful?