I wanna know if i have cancer and if i should be worried. I have pains all over my chest and abdomen. front and back and somethimes in my shoulder region. they are aches. And when i breathe in deep it hurts like a stabbing pain. It also feels as if there is something stuck in my throat which only bothers me at night. It is a big massive load of different places that hurt. Includes: Both of my sides, heart area, and my lung area. I am only 17 years old. Please tell me what tests i should ask for when i go to the doctor on saturday or sunday. I play basketball and i almost choked on a mozzerella stick last week. if that has anything to do with it. but from what i have said here do you think i have cancer? What else could be affecting my whole upper body at once? maybe something muscular? i dunno. Any help is appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Sounds like growing pains to me. At 17, it is quite common to get the feeling something is wrong with you and become anxious over it. It doesn't sound like cancer - but be sure to tell your doctor all about it.
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Growing pains give me sharp jabbing pains all over my body that almost bring me to tears sometimes?
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
They could. It is as good an explaination as undiagnosed cancer.

Have you heard of Achem's razor? Achems razor states that: all things being equal, the most simple explanation is probably the correct explanation.

There isn't any need to rush to think of the worst possible thing it is first. Always consider the other alternatives.
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
thanks. if anyone else has any suggestions feel free. but thanks for the input ingi.
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
any more suggestions? haha? i know its bad to worry like this but i just lost my grandma a few months back to colon cancer. any info would be awesome. thanks again.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These are muscular pains but there is some element of anxiety as well. Take anxiolytic and pain killers to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.