Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

upper abdominal pain and middle back pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been suffering from upper abdominal pain (right under my rib cage) right in the center for years. I have been diagnosed with IBS and spastic colon but the pain persists. Now I have middle back pain and the pain is sometimes unberable. My doctor told me to keep a log of the foods I ate, which I did and it doesn't matter what I eat, the pain is still there. The pain only gets better when I lay still which is almost impossible to do with an active lifestyle. The pain is not severe enough to go the the ER, but I want a diagnosis. Any suggestions on what it may be or what I can do....Please Help. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 9th, 2010
My husband had abdominal pains for years, they kept telling him he had diverticulitis and IBS, he did have bowel surgery and they removed 18 inches but his pain continued. He went to a neurologist had a MRI and found that he has spondylosis, herniated disc and it is causeing his abdominal pain. He back really didn't bother him until a few years later.Maybe you should have your back checked out it can cause pain in other areas of your body.

Good luck
Did you find this post helpful?