Hey, so i've been experiencing something really uncomfortable and strange and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. For a few months now i've been having these overwhelming urges to stretch my muscles (flexing my arms, legs etc., stretching my tongue to the roof of my mouth, taking deep breaths). These aren't involuntary, they are unvoluntary. What I mean by this is the movements aren't like spasms where there is absolutely no way I can control them, it's more like an extremely uncomfortable feeling in my muscles that I can put off for a little while but if I do put it off my muscles just keep getting more and more uncomfortable until I eventually stretch them. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that they could be tics, but my doctor is sending me to a neurologist and i'm not going to argue with that, shes the doctor after all. Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any neurological disorders/diseases that relate to the symptoms i'm having. I know I should wait until I see the neurologist but that is going to take a while and I want to be prepared. Also, this muscle stretching is really uncomfortable and painful and somehow I feel like I could put up with it better if I had some ideas of what it could possibly be. I'm stumped here and the frustration of not knowing is really getting to me. Can anyone here relate?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with benign fasciculation syndrome.
I would suggest you to have neurological examination by neurologist and EMG to rule out sinister problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.