Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

unusual period and swollen stomach

i am 16 years old and my boyfriend and i only used the withdrawal method. 3 months ago i started to be extremely sick and naucious and i had headaches nonstop which isnt normal for me. i thought i was just coming down with something. then my period wasnt normal (light pink and brown in color and short) and i was tired all the time and having cravings for food all the time. i took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative so i dismissed the idea of pregnancy. 3 months later and my period is still light pink and brown and very short and light and my stomach looks swollen in the area below my belly button which it has never been big there before and im still tired and getting headaches and alot of other pregnancy symptoms. a few days back i took another at home pregnancy test and it was still negative. could i still be pregnant and the test just isnt detecting it? if not then what on earth else could be wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2009
you could be pregnant still even though you are taking home tests and thy come out negative doesn't mean you are not id would go to the doctor and get a blood test, that will tell you for sure and it may be positive! especially since you are spotting> god bless you.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree some home pregnancy kits dont always pick up the pregnancy hormone...Jenny
|

thanks for responding, yep especially if it is just too early or if the hcg hormone is lower than usual.
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...