Hello Doctor,
I had unsafe sex with someone we always use to have condoms unfortunately he told me that day he run out of condoms and we had unsafe sex then we met one of the cruising site in different profile wondering if i can find out his health states so lied to him and asked him if he want to meet even though i am HIV positive he said yes he will meet me and then i said are you HIV positive he said no, i start worrying and went to my clinic straight away told them my story about the guy that maybe he is HIV positive and he is lying there was no bleeding and nothing during the sex i was active(top) and circumcisize , my local clinic put me on pep i couldnt continue pep treatment and stopped after 10 days it has very strong side effect doctor told me its up to me i met him another day and found out he is using drug called atripla whats my risk of catching anything nasty all my test are showing std negative
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Experienced User
I think the better question is whether he's the guy for you. Aren't you concerned that he's willing to have sex with other women while you two are together? Are you in an open relationship? Either way, your odds of catching something go up because he obviously could have sex with other women and "run out" of condoms with them, too. Apparently, he's not very responsible, either. And you shouldn't accept that. Why bother using a condom at all if you are going to skip it even once-in-a-while?

Besides, you can't always tell if you've contracted HIV on the first test. You probably need follow-up tests. There doesn't have to be blood. Semen and vaginal fluid both can carry HIV.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Lydia thanks for your reply its fair question and i can asure such meeting wont take place in the future my question is is it posible people to use atripla even if they are HIV negative or he is positive thats why he is using the medics ATRIPLA.
my second question is my first test was negative but as you know i will have another test 3 months after first test how is my chances for that person even i was active(top) and circumcisize and he is on medicine whats my chances of catching any thing from him
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Experienced User
Taking an HIV drug defiantly makes things suspicious. However, he still could have tested negative. Sometimes if a person is exposed (especially with a high chance of transmission), the doctors will put the person on HIV meds because the earlier you start, the better. Once the tests are complete over the course of how ever long, if it's negative then, they can stop the meds.

Circumcision can reduce the chances of transmission, but it *does not eliminate it* and should never be seen as a replacement for condoms. I don't see what you being on top would matter, but maybe there is some research out there that I haven't heard of. The fact that he's taking medicine probably reduces your risk as well, but still doesn't eliminate it.

I hope that everything comes out alright. You probably will be okay, but it's still good you are getting the testing done. I also hope you find a nice, responsible guy who you can trust.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
Once again thank you very much lydia well i am bisexual so i gues thats it for the guys ,i think its a small clip why girls hate guys lol....

Lydia thank you and may god bless you
|

replied June 12th, 2009
You may want to resume the PEPSE treatment and finish out the course.

And then get tested for the HIV antibodies at month 3 and 6. Most people, would have sero-converted by the third month if they were infected. So if you are negative at month 3, chances are good that you are not infected.

Good luck.
|

replied March 24th, 2015
i had a force sex on 3rd day after completion of periods is their a chance of getting pregnancy
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....