Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

unprotected sex 2 weeks into yaz?

User Profile
Started taking yaz about a month & 1 week ago. Currently on my 2nd package, on the 2nd week of pills. On the 15th of April, I started my period. The 17th, I experienced severe stomache ache, sharp sudden pains, &severe cramps. Usually get mild cramps 2 days before period &up to the 2nd or 3rd day that by period has begun. I went to the dr. & she said I might have some ovarian disease but I did not get any medication &can't remember what disease or disorder she said I might have, but she said they felt inflammed. Few days later my cramps ended but my period lasted almost 2 weeks. When I started to take the placebo pills at the end of my first month of bc, after the 3rd day of taking the placebos, I started spotting & very lightly for 5 days. Never fully got a period just light spotting. Now the 24th of May& I still haven't gotten my period.I took 2 at home pregnancy tests, 1 just 2 days ago &both were negative. Had unprotected sex over a month ago, 2 weeks into yas..Could I b pregnant?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A23351
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Hormonal contraceptive pills usually start being effective in giving you protection after about 3-4 weeks of regular use. You are recommended to use additional protection if having intercourse before this time. The chances of pregnancy cannot be ruled out. The lighter bleeding that you describe could be indicative of possibility of pregnancy. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination and blood/serum HCG test to confirm/rule out pregnancy. An ultrasound scan and vaginal swab/smear test done will help to rule out infective causes and other problems. Urine pregnancy tests usually start showing positive results after about a week from missing periods (or about 20 days post conception). Sometimes they can also show you false negative results. If you suspect to be pregnant, look out for development of any other new symptoms suggestive of early pregnancy.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.